Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hiking Backpacks and other Hiking topics.
When you pack for lengthier hikes, there are some things you just can't forget in your hiking backpacks. Fill your hiking bags with these items, and you'll have a much safer, happier time on the trail.
• Map and compass. Don't leave home without them!
• Water and water purification. Don't assume you'll always find water along the trail.
• Extra food. In case of an emergency, don't be caught short.
• Wet weather gear, including extra clothing.
• Swiss Army knife or other small tools.
• Well stocked first aid kit.
• A good flashlight with extra bulbs.
• Sunglasses and sunscreen.
If you start your hike with these essentials, you'll enjoy your hiking a lot more. Even on a day hike, your hiking backpacks should include these items for a safer, more secure trip.