Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Arizona Hikes and other Hiking topics.
What do I need to know about hiking Phoenix?
Hiking Phoenix is a great way to explore the back roads of this desert city. Just remember a few things, and hiking Phoenix will be one of your favorite outdoor activities.
- Weather during the wintertime is usually warm and pleasant, but winter evening temperatures can drop fast, so dress for warmth after sundown.
- Summertime highs can reach 120 degrees, so hike early or hike late in the day.
- Carry a minimum of a gallon of water per person, more during the hottest summer months.
- The Phoenix area has low humidity, so you might not feel as hot as you would in a location with high humidity. That doesn't mean you need any less water!
- Watch for rattlesnakes when you hike in the desert. If you see one, don't go near it!
is a great outdoor adventure if you just remember these desert hiking tips!