Where to Hike Arizona
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Arizona Hikes and other Hiking topics.
Where are some other great places to hike Arizona?
Most people think of the Grand Canyon when they want to hike Arizona, but the state offers many other places to hike and enjoy the beauty of this diverse state.
- The Mogollon Rim area around Payson and Snowflake in Northern Arizona offers high-country, pine forest hiking, mountain peaks, and beautiful views.
- The Flagstaff area is full of hiking opportunities, from climbing Mount Humphreys, Arizona's highest peak, to leisurely walks through a pine and aspen wonderland.
- Southern Arizona, around Phoenix, Tucson, and beyond offers some of the best desert hiking in the nation.
- Page and Lake Powell offers beaches, hiking, boating, and all kinds of outdoor activities. There are hiking trails all through the high desert surrounding Page, and further away, you'll find Monument Valley, another great place to explore on foot.
- The Prescott area offers pine forests and cooler weather when the heat is raging down in Phoenix. Plenty of hiking trails are located in the national forests around Prescott.
- Sedona and Oak Creek. A photographer's paradise, this is a hiker's paradise as well, with state parks and national forests all around the area.
If you want to hike Arizona
, just pick a spot on the map, you're sure to find a hiking trail or two wherever you land!