Snake Bite

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hiking Safety and other Hiking topics.

How do I know if I have been poisoned by a snake bite?

Snake Bite

Although getting bitten by a snake is not a pleasant experience, many snakes are not poisonous. If you are bitten on a hiking trip, examine the punctures to see if the bite has introduced venom into your body. (Snake fangs leave bigger and deeper marks than its other teeth.) Here are a few signs of poisoning: Within 5-10 minutes, the poison will cause a hot and circulating pain with swelling. After 30-90 minutes there is numbness, tingling, and/or muscle twitches may occur. Within two hours poison will cause weakness, headache, nausea/vomiting, fainting, and/or increased heart and breathing rate.

   

Comments

9/9/2009 7:47:51 AM
````````````````````````````````````````````````` said:

Tips on what to do about the snake bite instead it just tells what to look for.




Name:


URL: (optional)


Comment:


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Hiking Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!


Guru Spotlight
Lynne Christen